Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm tired of being nice

I feel devastated.

I haven't updated my blog for a while now. Ever since I left UNISEL, my life had been so busy and tiring. There are lots of things that I miss, lots of things that I had to consider and another whole lots of things that need my attention.


It has been three weeks since I started my practicum in SMK Bukit Jelutong.  My life has become 'lifeless' since then. I have to teach two classes of Form 4 students. Each of these classes are filled with students who are taller and bigger than me. I feel like I am such a little dwarf. Nonetheless, that is not really a problem for me. During these period of practicum, I actually had a problem with one of the class. Most of the students in this school came from families with high socioeconomic status who uses English as their first language. Therefore, they actually expect us to speak with a perfect fluency and accuracy. This is where the hardest part of the problem lies. These judgmental look actually makes me feel uncomfortable when entering the class. It is quite hard when you had to control a class with 42 students, be mindful of your language when you speak and still maintain your confidence level and voice projection... Oh well, in spite of those things, you also have to be aware of their complaints. Who gave them the right to be judgmental when they just read comics in the class?


# Everything will be okay. Amen.

No comments: