Monday, October 21, 2013

Luthfi's Birth Story: Confinement Period

Assalamualaikum w.b.t, 

Alhamdulillah! As I have mentioned on the last post, I have already give birth to a baby boy. So automatically, I am now in my confinement period.  If I had to give my personal opinion on which is better, I'd say give birth to baby Luthfi is definitely easier than having had to go through a confinement period.

There's a few reasons, of course for the opinion. First of all, it is because of the after effect. You know, in all great things that happens life... An after effect always comes after that. In my case, its the pain. There's few types of pain that I had to experience during confinement and one of it is caused by episiotomy. The pain is actually not that bad but it was more like making you feel uncomfortable. However, the painful one is constipation so you really have to be careful on what you eat and drink. Last but not least.. The longest pain of all is the one on the cocyx, or tailbone. If I am not mistaken, normally the pain will last as long as 6-8 weeks at least. For me, this pain is the worst of all since at first I can barely sit much less to drive.

Picture from Google

Other than the pain, the second reason falls on the food. Well, for the first few weeks... I have to bear eating some kind of fish every single day. At the end of the second week, I can only eat three mouthful. Haha! There's actually a third reason but I guess it is not appropriate to be shared in public. Until then.. :)

No comments: