Monday, August 5, 2013

Walking Down the Memory Lane: Ramadan 2013

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.,

As we walk into the last few days of Ramadan, it seems like everyone has been busy doing their Raya preparation. Nevertheless, currently I am more interested in reminiscing this year's Ramadan experience.


It seems like a lot of things has changed since the last Ramadan, especially when it comes to 'sahur'. I still remember... in the last few Ramadan, I used to buy two different meals at the bazaar. One is for break-fasting and another one is for 'sahur'. As I always have problems in sleeping, I always end up having my 'sahur' a little too early since I am afraid that I won't wake up for 'sahur'. I know that having your 'sahur' too early is actually a big NO for Ramadan but I can't afford to miss one since I have gastritis. For this year's Ramadan... 'sahur' time seems so different. Every day as I cook for our break-fasting meals, I'll definitely cook extra so that it'll last for 'sahur'. Then, I'll wake up at 4.30am+ to reheat the meals and set up the table. I'll only wake up my husband after everything is done. One thing that I love the most for this year's 'sahur' is that I always have my husband as my company and I can definitely say goodbye to eating alone for 'sahur'.

Additionally, how I have my 'sahur' is not the only thing that is different for this year. I actually had the chance to fast as a pregnant lady. To be frank, it is quite a challenge for me since I am already 7 months pregnant for this year's Ramadan. Adding to the fact that I always feel hot *because of having had to bear the body temperature for two*, I always feel so thirsty. Even the weather didn't seem much of a help. Apart from that, I also suffer from heartburn. As I have mentioned before, I have gastritis so my heartburn is worse than before. Even my energy level is not that high. Alhamdulillah, apart from all the challenges... I am still able to fast until this very last day. Oh yeah, I only miss my fast for one day because I miss my 'sahur'. Hihi. Other than that, I am still fasting until today.

I guess, that's all. I hope that everything will go on smoothly until the last day of Ramadan. I'll do my Raya post next time ya! Happy fasting, everyone! :)

No comments: