Thursday, August 15, 2013

Walking Down the Memory Lane: Syawal 2013

Assalamualaikum w.b.t.,
SELAMAT HARI RAYA to everyone! I hope its not too late for the wish. 

Note: Please ignore any 'ugliness' element in the photo. Haha!

Alhamdulillah, this year's Syawal was one of the most meanuingful experience for me even though I am not able to enjoy it that much. The tradition of visiting the relatives, 'open houses' and etc. on top of being 8 months pregnant really take its toll on me. I even experience a very hard time standing up. 

Since we were just married on last December, my husband and I have decided to spend our first and second day of Raya with my in-laws. After few years of only spending Raya at my own house *since we don't have a 'kampung'*, I actually able to spend Raya in an actual 'kampung' environment. The picture above was taken in front of the house. If I had to say, the way my in-laws celebrate their Raya is quite different from mine, in a good way of course. Most of the time, its all about food festival in which makes me all around happy. 

There's not much to tell actually since most of the things that we've done are the usual activities during Raya. Even the feast includes the usual... rendang, lemang, kuih raya, and etc. So I guess, that's all for my Raya celebration! Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, everyone! :)

No comments: