Thursday, December 12, 2013

Big Bad Wolf Book Sale and Pesta Buku 1 Malaysia

Assalamualaikum w.b.t,


Have you ever heard of the Big Bad Wolf Book Sale? Oh well, I haven't been there during the past years but among all the reviews that I heard, it was a great book sale. I've been meaning to come every time the event was held since I am definitely a book lover. So for this year; since I am currently staying in KL, I really grab that opportunity to go and visit the sale.

The event was held at MIECC in which located just beside The MINES Shopping Center. I went there with three of my colleagues on Tuesday night, 11 December 2013 as soon as we got off from work. Actually my original plan was to find some specific book by a certain publisher and only to grab a few of them. However, I end up not be able to find that specific book and buying another 6 different book.

  • Riwayat Hidup Nabi Muhammad S.A.W
  • The Hobbit: Visual Companion by J.R.R Tolkien (Harper Collins Pub. UK)
  • 40 Love: A Novel by Madeleine Wickham *also known as Sophie Kinsella* (St Martin's Press)
  • Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin (St Martin's Press)
  • The Crazy Things Girls Do for Love by Dyan Sheldon (Walker)
  • Chicken Soup for the Soul: Here Comes the Bride by Jack Canfield, Mark Victor Hansen and Susan M. Heim (Chicken Soup for the Soul)
The book prices are waaaayyy crazier than a normal book sale. I even buy something for my two-month old baby. It's obvious that he can't read yet but I can still keep it in order to use it later since it was a really good bargain. It's a book that giggles! The original price was RM90+ but I bought it at RM15. I absolutely love it!

Well then, the next day is actually a public holiday for Selangor state. While I was browsing through Facebook that morning, I found out that there's another book sale located in PWTC, KL. It was Pesta Buku 1 Malaysia. While Big Bad Wolf offer you a wide range of books, it was mainly consists of English books. Since I read both languages, I decided to go to PWTC for another round of books... but this time I was aiming for Malay novels by Jemari Seni. I don't know why but it seems like I've had a crush with this publisher. Haha! I bought another 4 books there in which makes the total counts of books that I've bought for this month into 10 books!!!! If I were to include Luthfi's book into the count, it'll be 11 books. The books that I bought in PWTC are all from Jemari Seni.

  • Hlovatinta by Hlovate *this is a limited edition book* 
  • Lazuardi by Nasz
  • Kalau Jodoh Tak Ke Mana by Naurah Iman
  • Jet & Jonah by Ika Madera

I was aiming for some long published titles since I'm afraid it'll be out of print soon. I think my next buy will be Hlovate's book since I've been meaning to complete my collection of his novels *not sure if the mystery writer Hlovate is a 'he' or 'her'* for a very long time already. 

I guess I've had enough books for at least another 2-3 months! :)

No comments: